Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Blingy vs. nuh-nuh

When I am on a break and have Will at home, we spend lots of time cuddling and taking naps together.  Will can't rest though without his nuh-nuh, an aqua thermal blanket with satin trim just like his Mama's when she was a little girl...or when she was 30.  Confession: I am 30 years old and still sleep with my childhood blanket...my blingy. My family told me when I got married I was going to have to get rid of it.  I don't think they understood that it was part of the package.  It is starting to look rough after all of these years.  Will's nuh-nuh is actually my back-up blanket that my mom still had at her house.  She gave it to Will (without my permission), and he immediately fell in love with it.  When going to sleep, he rubs his hands and face with it....just like his Mama.  I really wonder if it's genetic.

I recently learned that the company that made these wonderfully wonderful blankets (Baby Morgan blankets) went out of business a few years ago.  I am currently on the hunt to find one for baby sister or find the materials to just make one.

The only reason I was willing to publicly embarrass myself by admitting my blingy obsession (and posting such unflattering photos) is because I absolutely cherish these pictures. Flipping through on my phone and Brian's old phone made me laugh at the number that contained both of us sleeping with our blankets...mainly from this summer when we took LOTS of naps together.


 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment